Royal Duchy Hotel Access Statement
Welcome to The Royal Duchy Hotel
We are committed to creating great memories and experiences for all our guests. We hope you will find this access information useful and that it helps to make your visit an enjoyable one.
We are aware that everyone’s needs are different, so if there is any detail you are looking for that is not covered in the information below, then please do get in touch and we will be happy to help. And of course, our friendly and experienced team will be on hand to assist you at any point during your stay with us.
Some general points on access
- The hotel has lift access to both bedroom floors.
- The restaurant, lounges and bars are accessed via a level entrance into the hotel.
- The swimming pool and leisure area, snooker room and beauty room are accessed via three steps with a hand rail on both sides from the Reception area.
Directions to the hotel
- To reach the Royal Duchy Hotel, take the A30 from Exeter and follow the signs for Bodmin then Redruth.
- Stay on the A30 to Carland Cross and then take the A39 for Truro.
- Upon reaching Truro continue on the A39 and follow the signs for Falmouth.
- In Falmouth follow the signs for the beaches and seafront.
- Once you reach the seafront we are situated at the Castle end on the left hand side.
- Our postcode is TR11 4NX.
Before you arrive
- Enquiries and reservations may be made online or by phone, fax or email.
- Should you require a taxi from the Falmouth branch line stations we use a reliable company and would be happy to book them on your behalf.
When you arrive at the hotel
- There is one designated disabled parking space in the car park near to the front door of the hotel. We are able to reserve further disabled spaces close to the door if required.
- We have plenty of car parking at the hotel.
- Entrance to the hotel is on the level and through a double door. There are no steps in the car park.
- A Porter is always available to assist you and, if you wish, your luggage can be collected from your car and delivered direct to your room. Our porter will also be available on departure.
Our Reception area
- The floor in the reception area and foyer (Mezzanine) are tiled. Mats are in place by the front door.
- Reception is all one level on the ground floor.
- Our staff are always available to help you with check-in.
- All corridors are well lit and are carpeted apart from the entrance to the Terrace Lounge which is tiled and the Reception and Mezzanine area which are also tiled.
- The Terrace lounge, Cocktail Bar and Pendennis Bar are on one level with no steps. All areas are carpeted except the Pendennis Bar which has a tiled floor but an ordering point is available via the Terrace Lounge.
- The Coleman Room is our ground floor function room with television and has level access. This room also has air conditioning.
- Our disabled toilet is located on the ground floor with easy access from the public areas of the hotel. This facility is equipped with an emergency alarm.
- Ladies and Gents toilets are also located on the ground floor separately from the disabled toilet. The Ladies toilet has a tiled floor and the Gents has linoleum flooring.
The Pendennis Restaurant
- Entrance to the restaurant is on the level and there is a small tiled area at the entrance to the room.
- There is ample movable seating and chairs with or without arms are available.
- There is background music in this area and this can be adjusted if requested.
- Air conditioning is available in the restaurant.
- Breakfast is table service for hot items and self service for the cold buffet. The breakfast buffet area has a tiled floor. Full waiter service can be provided if required.
- There is a mixture of natural and artificial light in all areas.
- The restaurant has a dance floor made of laminate flooring which when not in use is carpeted. A further tiled area at the end of the restaurant houses the piano.
- The hotel has 45 bedrooms. 24 are on the First floor, 20 are on the Second floor and we also have a ground floor inland facing suite (Leeward Suite).
- Our lift, which is capable of taking eight people, goes to both floors. We have one lift only and it is located at the Reception end of the hotel.
- Six rooms are located on a wing which is accessed via four steps with the hand rail on the right hand side. Our Armada Suite is located in this wing.
- We do not have any fully adapted bedrooms. However we have four rooms with walk in showers. These are a single inland room, a Deluxe Castle View, a Superior inland room and a Standard sea facing room.
- The Leeward Suite is located on the ground floor and is situated along the main corridor from Reception and is conveniently located for access to the restaurant and lounge. This room also has its own fire escape exit door.
- There are telephones in all the rooms and 24 hour room service is available.
- The indoor heated pool is accessed via Reception using three steps with a hand rail on both sides.
- The pool area has level access to the sauna and changing rooms.
- The swimming pool has seven full size steps with a handrail. There are also ladders on the side of the pool.
- There is a small children’s pool with a high metal barrier separating it from the rest of the pool.
- Pool size is 40 ft x 22 ft and it is heated all year round to 32 degrees C
- The Snooker Room is located off the swimming pool area and is air conditioned.
- The Beauty Room is located off the swimming pool area.
- The main outside terrace is accessible from the Cocktail Bar and Terrace Lounge via double glazed doors which have a small lip on the threshold. Level access is available via the front door.
- The Terrace is laid with paving slabs. Seating is always available. There are two sets of stone steps to access the lawn or a gradual ramp at the restaurant end of the Terrace.
- The lawn is all on the level.
- To access the seafront we have a steep slope to the pavement. There is no handrail.
- Level access to leave the hotel is via the back gate of the car park.
Please reserve the following equipment when you make your booking. If you require anything that is not listed below, please contact us and we will do our utmost to arrange the hire on your behalf.
- High chair
- Booster seat
- Z bed
- The fire alarm is a high pitched siren and does not have flashing lights.
- Deafguards and vibrating pagers linked to the fire alarm system are available on request for those guests with impaired hearing.
- Emergency evacuation plans are available in each room. Please ensure that you make yourself familiar with these for your own safety.
- An evacuation procedure can be agreed with guests on arrival.
- Service dogs (only) are welcome on the premises.
- Small fridges are available on request for medication.
We have tried to be as accurate and detailed as possible in our Access Statement but we are always willing to give further information on any aspect of the hotel. If you feel you have a particular query we have not covered then please do not hesitate to contact us.
We are always looking to improve our service to our guests, so please let us know if you have any comments about this access statement. We would welcome any suggestions you may have that would make your stay with us more comfortable and enjoyable.
Tel: 01326 313042
Fax: 01326 319420
The Royal Duchy Hotel