The purpose of this accessibility guide is to help you make an informed decision as to whether The Royal Duchy Hotel will be suitable for you and your family, friends and colleagues. We are committed to improving accessibility for all guests and visitors whatever your requirements so that you can enjoy your stay with us. We hope that you find this information useful and beneficial.
However, we are aware that everyone’s needs are different, so if you have any questions or if there is anything not covered in the information that follows, please do not hesitate to get in touch and we will be happy to assist you. And of course, our friendly and experienced team will be on hand to assist you at any point during your stay with us.
- For assistance prior to arrival please contact the reservations team on 01326 313042
- Reservations are open from 08:00 to 22:00 daily.
- We have a comprehensive website - www.royalduchy.co.uk
- Our sample menus are available in a larger font on request.
- You can contact the hotel by phone, email or in person. Please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We can supply local taxi telephone numbers and there is a company in Falmouth that has taxis suitable for less able people if required. We are happy to make a booking for you.
At a Glance
- The hotel is a building of three floors.
- There are 45 bedrooms located over the two upper floor levels with one bedroom being available on the ground floor.
- The ground floor provides a reading/tv lounge (Coleman Suite), the terrace lounge bar, cocktail bar and our 2 AA rosette restaurant. A full local and county information stand can be found in the foyer seating area adjacent to the leisure facility. This area has 2 comfortable sofas and high back chairs.
- Leisure facilities are provided by way of indoor heated swimming pool with separate children’s paddle pool section and a newly refurbished gym. The facility is home to a sauna and 2 heated ceramic loungers along with padded loungers and chairs.
- There is a disabled toilet on the ground floor.
- All public rooms have plenty of natural light.
- All bedrooms and corridors are well lit with contrasting flooring and walls.
- The hotel does not allow pets unless they are assistance dogs. Assistance dogs must be registered.
- There is free Wi-Fi available throughout the hotel.
- There is good mobile reception throughout the hotel and every bedroom has a telephone.
- The fire alarms are tested weekly. You will be made aware when they are if it is planned during your stay.
- There is one designated disabled parking space in the car park at the front of the hotel. This space is available to those with a blue disability badge. If the space isn’t available when you arrive, we can arrange to park your car for you.
- The entrance to the front of the hotel is via double doors into a foyer area where reception is located. Guests with mobility issues are able to access the hotel directly through the main entrance as there are no steps or other obstructions.
- The width of the spa entrance double door is 1500mm.
- A porter or other staff members are available to assist you and, if you wish, your luggage can be collected from your car and delivered directly to your room. A porter can also help you upon departure.
- The main car park is directly in front of the hotel entrance and then wraps around the side and rear of the hotel.
- There is a drop-off point at the main entrance to the hotel.
Getting Around the Hotel
- The flooring is tiled to the foyer area and then carpeted and has a high back chair or alternatively the coleman suite is across from reception.
- The height of the reception desk is 1200mm.
- The upper foyer area is accessed up three steps with treader width of 400mm and height of 160mm and has sofa and high back chairs available.
- The lighting is LED downlighting and chandeliers.
- Hearing loops are not available.
- All corridors are well lit and carpeted.
- The Restaurant, Cocktail and Terrace Bars are on the entrance level and have direct access with no obstructions.
- To permit free movement, automatic door release mechanisms are used in some parts of the building. Doors fitted with this type of closure will shut if the fire alarm system operates.
- The minimum width of doorways into lounge and restaurant is 900mm.
- Wall sockets are located throughout the ground floor.
- The floor in The Restaurant is tiled and carpeted.
- There is ample movable seating and there are chairs with or without arms available.
- There is background music in most areas. This can be adjusted if requested.
- Service is a mixture of buffet (at breakfast only) and table service. Full waiter service is provided if required.
- There is a mixture of natural and artificial light in all areas.
- Menus are typed clearly and can be supplied in larger text.
- Staff are happy to read and explain menus.
- All types of allergies and dietary requirements are catered for.
- Full lists of calorific values are available for all menu items.
- The facilities are located on the upper foyer area by 3 steps.
- Disabled guests with mobility issues can gain access by the outside path to the pool double doors which are 1500mm wide.
- Measurements of the indoor pool – 13.4 metres x 6.7 metres (1m shallow to 1.5m deep) inclusive of childrens pool
- Entry into the indoor pool is by 5 built-in steps.
- There are no lifeguards on duty.
- Seating is available by the indoor pool.
- There are loungers around the pool. There are also high-backed chairs with arms and round tables.
- Lifesaving equipment is available in prominent positions around the indoor pool.
- There are no lockers provided in the changing rooms.
- The outside terrace to the front of the hotel is easily accessible to guest of all mobility status and has high backed chairs with tables and sun shades. The grassed area in front of the terrace is reached by 10 steps or by ramped path located to the right of the restaurant. Loungers and high backed chairs with tables and sun shades are available in this area.
- There are 24 steps up to the first floor with one small turn landings.
- There are 20 steps up to the second floor with one turn landing.
- Each step is 150mm high with average depth of treader being 360mm ground to second floor.
- There is one hand rail to each staircase.
- The bedrooms are located over floors 1 and 2 and are accessed by stairs or lift (one bedroom being on the ground floor). The entry threshold is level for all rooms.
- A Deafgard fire alarm listening device is available at reception if required.
- A personal fire action plan is prepared for all guests with disability issues requiring this service.
- The bedrooms have short pile carpets.
- All bedrooms have bedside lights - extra lighting is available on request.
- The majority of bedding is 'non-feather'. Please advise us prior to your stay of any allergies.
- All bedrooms are 'non-smoking'.
- There is a telephone available in all bedrooms.
- All bedrooms have en-suite facilities
- Plugs are available on both sides of the bed in most bedrooms.
- Our single beds are 3 feet, double beds are 5 feet and super king beds are 6 feet.
- The amount of space around the bed varies depending on the room type reserved. Our reservations team can discuss this with you when booking.
- The majority of beds can be split into twin beds. However, this is not possible in some bedrooms.
- Nonallergic bedding is available.
- All bedrooms have either curtains or blinds.
- All bedrooms have a full-length mirror and also a dressing table mirror.
- All bedrooms have wardrobes of various sizes.
- TV's have subtitles available.
Bathrooms and Shower rooms
- Ladies' and Gents toilets are available on the ground floor, close to bar and restaurant.
- There is a disabled toilet on the ground floor. This area is 2 metres X 1.7 metres.
- Baby changing facilities are available in the disabled toilet on the ground floor.
- The room is well lit and the floor is tiled.
- The access door opens outwards. The opening is 980mm.
- An emergency assistance alarm system is installed.
- Two supporting grab rails are provided.
- The toilet flush is a paddle type design for ease of use.
- The toilet is at a specific height to make it easier for wheelchair users to transfer and for those with mobility issues to use it without needing to bend as far.
- The wash basin is accessible to wheelchair users
- There is a lever-handle tap or a tap for ease of use.
- Please reserve the following equipment when you make your booking: Cot, High Chair, Bunk Beds
- Some bedrooms have minibars, suitable for the storage of medication and the hotel will endeavour to allocate these on requests of this facility.
- Mobility scooters and powered wheelchairs can be charged near reception.
- The fire alarm is a continuous sounder and does not have flashing lights.
- Deafgards linked to the fire alarm system are available on request for those guests with impaired hearing.
- Fire action notices are available in each room. Please ensure that you make yourself familiar with these for your own safety.
- A personal emergency evacuation plan can be agreed upon arrival with guests where required.