14th March - 24th March 2019
Falmouth Spring Festival
Celebrate Falmouth’s open spaces, terrific coastline and gardens with this wonderful early season festival bringing together the Falmouth community like no other. Falmouth Spring Festival brings an explosion of colour, life and activity to the town.
As profiled on the BBC, the Falmouth Spring Festival is a wonderful early season celebration of the coast, community and culture. Sponsored by the University of Exeter.
The very exciting schedule for 2019 is still being worked on, full details will follow soon but you can expect:
- THURSDAY 14 MARCH – PAINT THE TOWN YELLOW DAY The town becomes ablaze with yellow in preparation for the Festival as local schoolchildren brighten up nearly shop windows with thousands of daffodils and decorations.
- FRIDAY 15 & SATURDAY 16 MARCH – FALMOUTH SPRING CLEAN DAYS Beach cleaning, painting, gardening – you name it we’ll be doing it. We’ll be revamping a number of areas around the town so if you’d like to come along and get your hands dirty for a good cause across multi-sites across the town.
- SATURDAY 23 & SUNDAY 24 MARCH – FALMOUTH SPRING FLOWER SHOW The Falmouth Spring Flower Show has marked the start of spring in Falmouth for over a century with wonderful displays of shrubs, daffodils and cacti.
- SUNDAY 17 MARCH – FREE ROCKPOOLING SESSION Castle Beach, Falmouth. Join us on this fun, family activity and we will help you find and identify species that inhabit our special coastline.
- 18-22 MARCH – SCIENCE IN THE PUB Whether you are looking to advance your scientific knowledge or just needing an excuse to go the pub on a school night, these FREE, fun and stimulating sessions run by leading academics from the University of Exeter will entertain and amaze you! These novel talks, demonstrations and experiments are free to attend. Discover your thirst for science!
Talk themes TBC:
- Monday 18th March Venue: The Pennycomequick
- Tuesday 19th March Venue: 5 Degrees West
- Wednesday 20th March Venue: The Working Boat
- Thursday 21st March Venue Beerwolf
- Friday 22nd March Venue: Jacob’s Ladder
- THROUGHOUT – FESTIVAL GUIDED WALKS There will be a terrific variety of professional guided walks across a variety of themes throughout the week.
- SUNDAY 17 MARCH – GAMES AND FITNESS A lovely event for families. There will be a variety of games, studio classes and activities for free. Venue: The Moor
Discover Falmouth Spring Festival 2019 and wake up in luxury on the coast...