Apprentice Commis Chef
Apprenticeship (40 hours )
Closing date: 31st August 2019Apply
Kick start your career with an apprenticeship in hospitality and earn while you learn... Take your next step with Brend Training Academy.
Brend Hotels offer apprenticeships in all areas and disciplines of the hospitality industry.
The Royal Duchy - part of the Brend Hotels - is a luxury 2 AA Rosette 4* Silver Stars Hotel.
Brend Hotels is a family run company that has been a leader in West Country hospitality for over 50 years. The group has steadily built up a collection of fabulous hotels and restaurants across Devon and Cornwall that now features 11 luxury hotels and 18 restaurants.
With this opportunity the successful candidate will work towards a Kitchen/Professional Cookery discipline combining practical skills with written evidence and portfolio. The successful candidate will be assigned a Trainer Assessor, who will monitor progress throughout the apprenticeship.
The main responsibilities of the job role are to:
- Learn all aspects of cooking starters, main courses and desserts in a busy hotel environment
- Learn about food safety and will be able to visit suppliers to learn where the produce comes from
- Learn methods and procedures that are vital to kitchen knowledge
- Work with your head chef to develop and improve your skills within the industry.
At the end of your apprenticeship, we want to help you to combine your newly acquired skills and qualifications to apply for permanent employment and an exciting career within Brend Hotels, giving you the possibility to work across our 11 hotels in Devon & Cornwall.
Maths and English (Grade C). This will also be assessed as part of the interview process. Must be eligible for the apprenticeship scheme (eligibility will be assessed at point of application).
- Willing to go that extra mile
- Good communication skills
- Time management
- Flexible approach to work
- A desire to learn about cooking and becoming a professional chef
Benefits include meals on duty, uniform, discounts across the group, share of tips and 28 days holiday per year
The applicant would need to live locally due to hours.
We look forward to hearing from you!