Chef De Partie Apprentice
Apprenticeship (45 - 48)
Salary: Above government recommended apprenticeship wageApply
Deadline to apply:
As a Chef De Partie Apprentice, you will be responsible for running a specific section of the kitchen such as fish, grill, sauté or vegetable., whilst also learning about the hospitality
The apprenticeship programme takes a minimum of 18 months, during which time you will earn whilst you learn. You will work alongside the hotel teams, with HIT Training looking after the academic side of your qualification. Please note there are no days at college for this apprenticeship.
During your apprenticeship with Brend Hotels, you will get hands-on experience within the hospitality industry as well as gain a nationally recognised qualification which you can take anywhere - There may even be an opportunity to stay with us and see where your next steps take you. You will also receive competitive pay above the Government apprenticeship standard, staff discounts at Brend Hotels, free meals on duty and paid holidays. This is a great opportunity to work for a successful local company in [location] where there are numerous opportunities for progression.
What students will do as a Chef De Partie apprentice:
As an apprentice at The Royal Duchy Hotel, you will prepare and cook dishes to exacting standards, under the supervision of the senior chefs. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Learn and develop new skills within the kitchen
- Develop food knowledge by taking part in tastings with the head chef
- Prepare food to the company’s high standards, learning about the responsibilities required to ensure that quality and consistency is achieved
- Look after stock – security, rotation and stock levels
- Prepare for/attend practical learning sessions
- Keep a diary to record the development of your knowledge and skills
- Demonstrate commitment to your apprenticeship programme
- Work as part of a team and develop interpersonal skills
- Help mentor the junior chefs
- Organise and run various sections within the kitchen
- Learn about the hospitality business and some elements of kitchen management
- Contribute to menu planning
- What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role as an apprentice at The Royal Duchy, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- A neat and tidy appearance (hair and fingernails) and adherence to uniform requirements.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
What’s in it for me?
There are plenty of perks when it comes to joining the Brend Hotels team, including competitive rates of pay, paid holidays, and a share of staff tips. You’ll also receive discounts when dining at any Brend Hotels establishment as well as up to 50% off accommodation rates. Brend Hotels are very proud of their wonderful staff and do all they can to develop them, offering support and training throughout their career as well as offering genuine opportunities for career progression within a successful local company. As an apprentice, you will also gain valuable experience within the industry alongside a level 3 qualification in hospitality.
What is it like to work for Brend Hotels?
Brend Hotels is a family-run company that has been a leader in West Country hospitality for over fifty years. We have a passion for excellence and we pour our hearts and souls into making sure we exceed customer expectations time and time again. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!