Permanent - Full Time (48 hours (4 x 12 hour days) )
Closing date: 30th April 2021Apply
Opportunity to join our brilliant team at The Royal Duchy Hotel. We are looking for a motivated individual to join our friendly kitchen brigade with opportunities to progress for the right person. Shifts will be split shifts over 5 days.
- To follow the cleaning schedules for the kitchen and clean the section and other areas as directed
- To ensure that all kitchen ware and equipment is cleaned and well maintained including using all chemicals appropriately
- To report any maintenance issues to the Head/Senior Chef immediately
- Assist with unloading deliveries of food and other equipment to the kitchen
- Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting food and potentially after training help to prepare other dishes
- To be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times if required
- Adherence to food hygiene standards at all times.
- Maintain professional standards within the work place
- Work at all times within the codes of requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act, ensuring all Health & Safety standards are adhered to.
Key requirements for the post
- Approachable, with a friendly and professional manner
- Able to speak clearly to convey information accurately
- Physically fit , for assisting with unloading deliveries, moving kitchen equipment to clean
- High personal standards.
What we offer:
- Working as part of a professional and friendly team
- Full uniform is provided along with meals on duty
- A share of the hotels gratuities and entry into the company pension scheme
- Staff loyalty card with discounts & benefits after 3 months service
48 hours (4 x 12 hour days) including evenings, weekends and major holidays availability are a must. (Work on a rota basis)
We are part of Brend Hotels, a family-run company that has been a leader in West Country hospitality for over fifty years. We have a passion for excellence and each of the 11 hotels and 18 restaurants offers the same exceptional service and care we have become known for in the south west.