Permanent - Full Time (5 days out of 7 (5.30/6am to 2pm) )Apply
Our stunning coastal hotel is busy throughout the year and offers beautiful views over the bay.
We have 45 bedrooms a terrace lounge, large fine dining restaurant and we are looking for an experienced and highly professional individual who has the talent and ability to prepare and consistently produce high quality pastry and patisseries.
· Lead and control the pastry section
· Prepare dishes as per the menu or as instructed by the head chef
· Work closely with the head chef to ensuring appropriate ingredients are ordered in accordance with hotel policies
· Contribute to various menus including weddings and functions.
· Ensure compliance with the food hygiene regulations at all times, working closely with the H & S manager, including equipment, training, guides, cleaning rotas, risk assessments and records are all maintained and up to date
· To support other sections within the brigade as necessary
This role would suit an enthusiastic, hardworking and passionate Pastry Chef with a genuine interest in using fresh, local ingredients and a natural flair for serving beautifully presented desserts and pastries.
- Has worked in a 2AA rosette restaurant
- Is passionate for baking, pastry and innovation
- Has technical baking skills and a creative eye
- Is a team player
- Is creative and shows willingness to contribute new ideas
- Is positive and shows willingness to contribute to a happy and pleasant work environment
- Meals on duty
- Competitive salary
- Share of tips
- Company discounts
- 28 days holiday
We are part of Brend Hotels, a family-run company that has been a leader in West Country hospitality for over fifty years. We have a passion for excellence and each of the 11 hotels and 18 restaurants offers the same exceptional service and care we have become known for in the south west.
Working hours are TBC but roughly 5.30/6am to 2pm and working days are 5 days out of 7 (including weekends)