The Poly, Falmouth | Art | History | Science
Based in an iconic listed building in the heart of Falmouth The Poly is a thriving charity, promoting engagement in the arts, sciences and Cornish history through film, live events, exhibitions, lectures and workshops.
Whether your passion is for film, theatre, music, comedy, dance, contemporary art, local history or science, you will find it all here.
- Ground Floor Gallery, The Spring Gallery, is the place to come to see work by a wide range of contemporary artists and craftspeople. Exhibitions change every week, so there’s always something new to see. The second floor is home to our Main Gallery, our largest exhibition space which also has a small bar area which makes it very attractive for all sorts of events.
- Cosy Bar is situated on the First Floor. Why not come and enjoy a pre-show or interval drink, we serve a range of wines, beers and spirits and you can even take your drinks into the show with you!
- 180 Seat Theatre is equipped with state-of-the-art digital cinema projection and it’s the perfect place to enjoy a film, or see one of our touring theatre companies in comfort. We programme a wide range of independent, art-house and foreign films and we don’t show adverts or sell popcorn, so you can relax and enjoy your evening without annoying distractions!
- The Chellew Room is at the back of the building near the rear entrance on New Street. It houses much of the research material for the Falmouth History Archive and it is open to the public on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10.00am to 12 noon for enquiries about Falmouth’s past.
- Located next to the bar on the first floor is the Oliver Price Library named after a very influential Chairperson who had a large part in the sale of the town Museum in 1950, and the creation of our own Maritime Museum
Look ahead to November, enjoy our elegant surroundings and take the opportunity to get in touch with your arty side...create your own masterpiece, taking inspiration from our spectacular views on the Cornish coast with our specially selected Autumn Art Break...