23rd July - 31st August 2019
Pirate School | The National Maritime Museum Cornwall
All aboard shipmates! Join The National Maritime Museum Cornwall this Summer for fun packed sessions; learn what every budding Buccaneer needs to know about being a pirate of the”Golden Age Of Piracy”!
What you’ll learn at our Pirate School…
How to load a cannon and different types of shot
What you might eat and drink
Learn to find your way around a ship
Handle some pirate treasure!
Learn to sing a shanty to work to
What weapons you might fight with and why – and what terrible wounds you might get and how they might be treated!
Hear the amazing tales of the pirates Anne Bonny and Mary Read; and learn of the daring and wicked exploits of other infamous pirates – such as Blackbeard, Black Bart and Sam Bellamy
Treasure Map trail
- 7 Pirate Parrots have jumped ship and are hidden in the National Maritime Museum Cornwall. Can you find them?
- Make your own – Pirate Cutlass, Parrot, Pirate Hand and Treasure Chest
- Daily, at the Make and Takes table.
- Treasure Island Play Zone
- Interactive learning and fun.
Plus all the family favourites…
- 15 galleries over four floors; jump aboard the boats, climb the 100 foot Look Out Tower, watch shipwrights at work in the boat building workshop, go underwater in the Tidal Zone, hear ocean adventures + survival stories, learn to sail miniature boats on our waterfront boat pool.
Pay once, get in free for a year! Visit The National Maritime Museum Cornwall for further information.